Here in Memphis, 16 start-ups will be showcasing their business concepts to local invest
ors, industry executives, and the community at large at Start Co. Demo Day 2014. This event is being hosted by Start Co, which is a local Memphis company ran by Eric Mathews. S
tart Co. is a company that helps start-ups acquire the mentorship and guidance businesses need to expand.
The 16 start-ups are graduating from one of four of Start Co.’s accelerator programs. According to Start Co., “accelerators provide $15,000 in seed funding, over 200 hours of technical and business assistance, connections to dedicated mentors, and to access to invaluable resources.” Start Co.’s mission is to “equip founders with the skills, experiences, and connections to turn their start-up into a successful business.”
The keynote speaker is the Honorable Edward B. Montgomery, a dean and professor of economics at Georgetown and formerly a Chief Economist US Department of Labor under Bill Clinton and Director of Recovery for Auto Communities and Workers under Barack Obama.
The event will be held at the Orpheum Thea
ter in Memphis, Tn on August 21 at 1pm. The event is free to attend. There will also be a invite exclusive party at 9pm at the Hard Rock Cafe.
To Register for this event click HERE.
The 16 companies graduating from the accelerator programs are
- Troopto – Private crowdfunding for the workplace
- Phase – Schedule multi-player games without the hassle
- Pickle – Crowdsource any opinion in less than 2 minutes
- Well Done – Full featured tablet POS for independently-owned restaurants
- ORB – High fashion backpacks designed to protect
- Play-Tag – Smart bluetooth dog tag and LED alert system
- eDivv – A marketplace for trading excess beauty products
- Cabsolutely – One cab dispatch API to rule them all
- Barter Sugar – Bartering platform for small businesses to trade goods & service
- Graph Story – Graph database-as-a-service
- Extra Rail – Airbnb for the railroad industry
- Logistadvise – Platform that matches companies with supply-chain transportation
- FuelFilm – An accelerator for the film industry (non-profit)
- The College Initiative – Prepares students for the application & college experience (non-profit)
- Care2Manage – Simplifies organization & management for families caring for aged loved ones.
- CoreFire Commandos – an interactive game & web-based portfolio to track the progress of students